A healthy eating plan includes food that offers your body necessary nutrients needed daily without any concerns about increasing calorie intake. Thus, your goal to lose or maintain weight is fulfilled. Healthy food does not mean eating boring and colorless recipes. You can fill your plate with colors including leafy greens, tomatoes, oranges, and fresh herbs. All these are rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins. When you add onions, broccoli, and frozen peppers to omelets and stews, it helps to give a boost of nutrients and color.
Healthy eating practice will even decrease the risk of cardiovascular issues and other medical conditions.
Highlights of a healthy diet plan
- Encourages in eating whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and low-fat/fat-free dairy products.
- Constraints in including sodium, added sugar, trans & saturated fats.
- Include fish, beans, eggs, nuts, poultry, and lean meat.
- Control portion size and stay within the daily calorie requirements.
You need to stay within your required calorie allowance but in this fast-paced lifestyle, professionals find it hard. They are so deep in building their career that they ignore their body nutrition needs and start struggling with man health conditions. Fortunately, today youngsters are gaining awareness of regular exercise and healthy eating.
If you live in Miami or the Dade and Broward counties then there is a reliable healthy meal plan delivery service called Healthy Xpress. Since 2011, HX has been delivering customized healthy, fresh food to their customers. It has helped people monitor their meals and stay within their needed calorie intake.
How to cut the calories?
For weight loss, the majority of people have to lessen the calorie amount they consume from the food and beverages. They also need to escalate their physical activities. With a reduction of 500 – 750 Calories, you can lose 1 to 1 ½ pound weekly. While planning a healthy meal plan to lose weight safely –
- A diet plan that includes 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day is sufficient for weight maintenance.
- For obese people, the diet plan has to contain 1,500 to 1,800 calories per day along with an intense workout regime.
Medical supervision is essential if you have a diet plan that comprises 800 calories per day. If you eat fewer calories the concern is about filling up. The idea is to eat food holding plenty of fiber and water. You will feel full without the needless high calories.
Tips to enjoy comfort food
Healthy eating means a well-balanced diet. Your favorite foods can be enjoyed, even if they are loaded in fat, added sugar, or calories. The idea is to eat just once but in balance with some healthy food options and extra physical activities.
- Comfort food must be eaten less often like once a month.
- Eat a small proportion of the chocolate bar as it is high in calories.
- You can try a low-calorie version to prepare your favorite food. For example, your cheese and macaroni recipe include full-fat cheese, butter, and whole milk. You can switch to less butter, non-fat milk, low-fat cheese, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Even remember to control your portion size while eating this healthy switch.